2. 20 facts about you
I have a feeling that this is going to be a tricky prompt… ten I could have managed but 20 facts just about me?! Well, here goes:
My Queen… Amen!
- I’m addicted to RuPaul’s Drag Race and love pretty much all of the queens that have walked through the ‘You Better Werk’ room doors.
- My favourite colour is duck egg blue.
- I own more pairs of socks than I care to admit.
- I’m a bit of a Netflix addict – entire mornings can disappear if I’m not careful.
- I love singing and dancing.
- When I’m at home, I’m often found in pyjama’s… I mean what’s the point in wearing your outdoor clothes, indoors?!
- I began and completed WordPress’ 365 Days of Writing Prompts challenge in 2014.
- People find it odd that I don’t drink tea or coffee…
- If money was no object, I’d go to see a West End theatre show every single week.
- I have a very close family, which means the world to me, and am even related to Howard Carter, the guy who discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb.
- My Great Nan reached 104 and a half years young… the half is very important at that age.
- I’m obsessed with Mi backpacks. So far, I’ve got a peacock feather one, a gumball one, a galaxy print one, a duck egg blue polka dot backpack and one with elephants all over it.
- I’m commonly found wearing Converse hi-tops… wearing heels is for special occasions.
- For RuPaul’s BOTS, I temporarily dyed my hair blue. I loved it so much that I’m planning to dye it permanently blue – hopefully two tone, using cobalt and duck egg blue (of course!)
- Through my last job, I was sent on press trips to Iceland (Ice Age 4: Continental Drift), Norway (How To Train Your Dragon 2) and Slovenia (Postojna Cave), interviewed a robotic cockatoo (Nigel from Rio 2, with actor Jemaine Clement in another room) and even photographed the stars of TV on the red carpet at the National Television Awards.
- I have a BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management.
- I love afternoon tea… especially quirky ones such a Spanish or Thai themed.
- Working in children’s media means that I get to see many of the new films before they hit the cinemas and I’m a big kid who loves everything Disney, so I end up enjoying every single screening… sometimes even more than the kids that are actually there.
- I love unicorns, rainbows and mermaids. I even wanted to be a mermaid growing up… still do!
- Primates are my favourite animals (well, and dolphins and marine life of course), but I’ve been lucky enough to meet the famous Primatologist, Dr Jane Goodall three times and even helped her present awards.
At the most recent Jane Goodall Roots & Shoots Awards with my flatmate, Féaron, where we got to meet Dr Jane’s beloved Mr. H, which travels around the world with her.